This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Access Statement for FLETCHER HOUSE
Fletcher House is a Grade 11 listed Georgian House built in 1833 and is located in the centre of Kirkby Stephen. All our bedrooms are on the first floor, therefore not suitable for wheelchair users. The following statement is a summary of our provision. If you have any specific questions please call us and we will endeavour to help.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone +44(0)1768371013 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are located in the centre of Kirkby Stephen so all amenities are all within a couple of minutes walk away.
- Nearby are two bus stops offering services to Kendal and Penrith. Timetables are available are available at the Upper Eden Visitor Centre or on line at www.cumbria.gov.uk.
- Kirkby Stephen railway station is one and a half miles out of town, there is a footpath through the fields avoiding the busy road or it is advisable to use the bus or taxi if you have heavy luggage.
- We regret we are unable to accommodate dogs but assistance dogs are welcome.
- Menus can be provided in large print if required. We regret we do not have facilities to prepare documents in braille.
- Our web site is www.fletcherhouse.co.uk and provides further information and pictures of the services we provide.
- You can contact us by telephone or e-mail. Please see the "Contact Information" section of this document for full details.
- If you have any special requirements please let us know in advance so we can meet your needs.
- We do not serve evening meals at Fletcher House.
- There are two pubs two restaurants and one bistro which serve evening meals in town and several others just a short drive away.
Car Parking and Arrival
- Our check in time is from 3.30 pm to 6.30 pm. If you wish to arrive earlier or later it is not a problem please let us know in advance.
- We have limited parking which is up the drive to the left of the house, please park only in front of left hand garage. Overnight parking is available free of charge in the parking bays to the right of the house from 4.00 pm. The drive and parking area is flat and made of tarmac.
- There is a sensor light which works in the parking area when dark.
- Please use the front entrance and ring the bell for attention.
- We can offer assistance with luggage if required.
- The front entrance is 104cm wide and there are two steps 17cm high.
- The hall has a short pile carpet.There is seating provided in the hallway.
- A selection of tourist information leaflets are available in the hall.
- The front entrance is always locked, we provide a key for the front door with your room key so you can come and go as you please. Extra keys are available on request.
- All our bedrooms are on the first floor and are carpeted throughout.
- All rooms have en-suite facilities with walk in showers, wash hand basin and WC.
- Tea and coffee facilities are provided.
- We also provide toiletries and a hair dryer.
- Our beds are made with synthetic duvets and pillows.
- There is a wardrobe, dressing table or chest of drawers and bedside cabinets in each room.
- All rooms have colour flat screen TV with freeview.
- Additional seating is also provided.
- Room 1 has two single divan beds which can be linked to make a super king size.
- Room 2 has two single divan beds.
- Room 4 has a 5 foot king size Half Tester bed.
- Room 5 has a 4 foot 6 inch double divan bed.
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms & Toilets (Ensuite or Shared)
- Room 1 has a rectangle shower cubicle 1000mm x 760mm with a sliding door and electric shower a corner wash hand basin which is 42 cm high and WC. The floor is vinyl.
- Room 2 has a rectangle 1200mm x 700mm shower cubicle with sliding door and electric shower a wash hand basin 42cm high and WC.The floor is vinyl.
- Room 4 has a 800mm x 800mm quadrant shower cubicle with sliding door and electric shower a corner wash hand basin 42cm high and WC. The floor is vinyl.
- Room 5 has a 900mm x 900mm square shower tray with shower curtain electric shower, wash hand basin 42cm high and WC. The floor is tiled. There is a 10cm step up into this en-suite.
- We have an extra bathroom with large roll top bath for any guest wishing to have a bath.
Public Areas - Halls, Stairs, Landings, Corridors
- From the hallway is the guests lounge and dining room.
- There are 10 stairs up to a landing and a further 8 stairs to the first floor.
- The stairs are 18cm high 30cm deep and 110cm wide there is a handrail all the way up.
- All the stairs have a fitted short pile carpet.
Public Areas - Lounge
- The lounge has a wooden floor with short pile rug which covers three quarters of the floor. It has a 3 seater leather chesterfield sofa and chair also 3 winged leather chairs. Straight backed chairs can be moved from the dining room if required.
- There is a flat screen TV with freeview and a DVD player.
- There is a computer for guests use in the lounge and free WIFI is available.
- We have a selection of books, cards and games and also have a book swap library.
- Breakfast is served in the dining room which is off the main hall.
- Tea, Coffee, Chocolate and speciality teas are available from the dining room at any time there is also fresh milk in the fridge you wish to take to your room.
- The dining room has a short pile carpet.
- There are 4 tables which can be joined together for groups.
- Cakes and tea/coffee are offered on arrival from the dining room.
- We have a small garden at the front of the house with shrubs and flowers.
- There is a wooden bench for seating.
- There is a fire extinguisher in the entrance hall, on the middle landing and on the first floor landing.
- In the event of a fire the smoke alarms will sound. Please advise of any hearing impairment and are unable to hear this.
- The building can be evacuated via the front door an alternative exit is through the kitchen which is at the bottom of the stairs.
- Smoking is not permitted in the house but is allowed in the garden.
- We are happy to cater for special diets we would appreciate it if you could advise us of your requirements prior to your arrival.
- We can refrigerate any medications or special foods and freeze ice packs on request.
- We do not have a public telephone but are happy for you to use the house phone.
- Mobile phone reception is generally ok in the house.
|Address (Inc postcode): ||Fletcher House, Fletcher Hill, Market Street, Kirkby Stephen. Cumbria. CA17 4QQ
|Grid Reference: ||774086|
|Hours Of Operation: ||Open all year except Christmas and New Year|
|Local Accessible Taxi: ||BD Taxis 017683 71682
Prima Taxis 017683 72287|
|Local Public Transport: ||Bus to Penrith
Train to Carlisle or Leeds calling at stations in between|